About This Blog

These are the stories of the adventures and (often times) misadventures of the Cunninghams.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

david james shepherd, III



On September 15,2008 my brother and sister-in-law brought a bundle of joy into this world. Our nephew is absolutely adorable. It was heart breaking for us that we couldn't see him the minute he was born. I could hardly teach because I was checking my phone and email every second for updates. When he was born I instantly showed a picture to my students. They loved him. They crack me up, one student said, "Mrs. I didn't know you were Mexican." All that dark hair had them fooled. We traveled to Enid that Friday evening. We spent literally from 8 AM until 10 PM Saturday night holding, staring, and talking to David (our bro calls him Gus). We are obsessed. He is so sweet. He does some funny things...he loves to hold onto his face. The swaddle wouldn't even work he would get his hands right out.

This little man makes us very eager to get back to the GREAT STATE OF OKLAHOMA! We want to live much much closer to him. Oh yes....Hank loved him too! He couldn't quit staring at him. He followed him around everywhere. It has been so fun to watch Jamey and Molly become parents. They are precious with him.