About This Blog

These are the stories of the adventures and (often times) misadventures of the Cunninghams.

Monday, August 4, 2008

iphonetastic

Well, I got it. The new 3G iphone that is. I have been rebelling against it for over a year, but I finally gave in. I swore my allegiance to blackberry last year, funny how quickly things change.

I have had my iphone for exactly 3 days and it is the coolest gadget I have ever seen. I can't concentrate on anything other than looking through the apps store on itunes to see what fun awaits me. It is easy to use and just flat out awesome.

Now, I am not a technology nerd/guru. I don't understand much about what it does or what it is capable of doing. What I do know is that it is like any other phone in that gets my work email (that's actually a downer) and it works as a phone so I can actually call people when I am not texting them. The coolest parts about the iphone are the apps and itunes. There are so many apps that I have spent probably 5 hours this past weekend looking through them for cool ones to download and I probably haven't even looked at half of them.

Aside -> Have you heard of Airport Express from Apple? If not let me break it down. It is a small box that plugs directly into an electric socket. For you apple computer owners - it actually looks like the same box from the power cord that plugs into the socket for your computer. But here is the difference, it is a wireless router. It lets you play itunes from your computer over your surround sound system with out having the computer plugged into the system. You simply plug the Express into the electric socket, plug an ethernet cord into the Express and plug a cord into your surround sound and the Express. Set up is easy, especially with an Apple computer and before you know it, you are controlling your itunes from your computer.

Now here is the best part. With the iphone there is an app called "Remote". This actually lets you control your itunes on your computer with your phone. So at our house we now can open itunes on our computer put the computer away and control itunes from my phone. It is amazing.

This isn't a plug for the iphone, itunes or even Apple. I really like the phone its great. Really this post is an ad for blackberry 8800 for sale. Email me if you are interested.