About This Blog

These are the stories of the adventures and (often times) misadventures of the Cunninghams.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

hank is sick

Hank has learned a very obnoxious trick over the last several weeks. He will sneak into the pantry and break into our snacks that in a container on the floor. He did it again yesterday. He ate some granola bites and rice krispy treats.

This morning at 3:00 a.m. we were awaken by Hank vomiting in bed. Luckily were in time to keep it from getting all over the bed. Then at 4:00 a.m. we were awaken by Hank again vomiting. This time we had a towel underneath him. Unfortunately, some of it got on our sheets. So at 4:00 a.m. we took our sheets off our bed. I went to the guest bathroom to get a clean towel for Hank to sleep on. When I walked out of the bathroom I nailed a table in the hallway. My clumsiness caused a large glass vase to fall off the table and shatter on the floor. So at 4:10 a.m. Ashley and I picked up the broken glass.

By this time I was getting a little upset. I planned on getting up early for a 4-5 mile run before work, but now I worried I would be too tired. When we finally crawled back in bed it was 4:20 a.m. Thankfully I was not able to go back to sleep, but when I just about had Hank had another episode at about 5:15 a.m. After dealing with that, I managed to doze off for a while.

When my alarm went off at 6:15 I got up and went to the bathroom to start getting ready for my run. I paused. Then realized there was no way I was going to be able to go running and make it through a 10 hour work day - so I went back to bed.

I tell you that story as a parable of sorts. The true meaning, I am not ready in the least for a child. I can barely deal with a dog.